Skip to content
Amresco yeast genomic DNA extraction Kit:
- Centrifuge 1ml of cells at 1000 g for 2 minutes. Remove the supernatant.
- Add 300μl of Yeast Lysis solution and 10μl of RNase A provided with the kit. Resuspend the pellet by vortexing and incubate at 65°C for 15 minutes then chill the samples on ice for 8 minutes.
- Add 100μl of protein precipitation solution provided by the kit. Vortex for 15 seconds.
- Centrifuge at max rpm for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the supernatant to a clean 1.5ml centrifuge tube.
- Add 500μl of isoproponal and mix via inverting the tube 5-10 times.
- Centrifuge again for 10 min at max rpm to pellet the DNA. Carefully discard the supernatant.
- Add 500μl of 70% ethanol to wash the pellet.
- Centrifuge at max rpm for 2 minutes and carefully discard the supernatant.
- Air dry the pellet for 10 minutes.
- Resuspend the genomic DNA in 40μl TE Buffer.